The Maryland Digital Transformation Center (MDTC) creates a place for digital innovation, ideation, discovery, development and delivery. We rapidly address customer problems and create solutions through the initial use of Capstone programs and prototypes, in a collaborative ecosystem of students, faculty, and industry partners.
- The MDTC operates under the Maryland Center at Bowie State University (The Center), which was established in 2000 as a legally constituted 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization by the State of Maryland
- As an affiliated foundation of the University System of Maryland (USM), The Center actively engages in and supports activities to further enhance the academic and service mission of Bowie State University, a Historically Black College/University (HBCU)
- Bowie State University supports Maryland’s workforce and economy by engaging in industry partnerships, research, and public service to benefit local, state, national, communities
MDTC’s mission is to improve an organization’s ability to support customers, warfighters, citizens and students through the use of rapid, incremental improvements in digital capabilities, driving a genuine working partnership between Industry, Government, and Academia.
This mission is carried out utilizing Cloud, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and other emerging technologies while working with our students, faculty and rich ecosystem of small business partners to deliver timely solutions.
- Supporting new workplace culture by delivering the next generation digital workforce
- Accelerating the value of digital transformation by quickly accessing, configuring and testing innovation using a DevSecOps approach to ensure that our solutions provide value at scale
- Delivering early mission, life and learning outcomes by developing minimum viable products (MVPs) – this is the core capability of MDTC
Our Approach to Digital Transformation
When engaged with the MDTC, our students, faculty and partners will work with organizations, taking a scaled Agile SAFe approach marked by collaboration and continuous assessment, learning, testing and delivery.
Our Operating Model
MDTC provides a digital education & workforce pipeline for your organization’s digital transformation…our students become your next generation digital employees or partners.